centre of the town of Pietracupa (CB) is built around a rocky outcrop
inside which the Crypt of the Holy Sacrament was hollowed out. The place
already had natural cavities.
job was completed by humans. It was in fact the local medieval squire,
Roberto di Pietracupa, who wanted this work, terminated in 1360 by
Riccardo Di Simone. Nowadays the crypt presents a sight that conjures up
other times. Nearby sees the closing stages of the "N'ducciata",
the lighting of torches on Christmas Eve, to warm up the Baby Jesus.